So last winter Husband decided that he wasn’t going to pay the heat bill anymore for a reason that I supported (at the time):
1. We had to put a $500 deposit in with the natural gas company.
2. So, we did.
3. We were told that we would get it back in a year with some minute amount of interest.
4. It was due back to us in December 2012.
5. When we called to inquire about it, they told us we couldn’t have it back until the bill was paid
6. The bill wasn’t due yet. But we paid it anyhow.
7. January came and went. Gas bill was paid.
8. February came and we inquired about the deposit.
9. They told us we paid a bill late sometime over the course of the past year (which we hadn’t – we wanted our deposit back!) so that voided our deposit refund altogether.
10. So, we didn’t pay February’s bill.
11. March came, and they shut our heat off. Which was fine with us – it was warm out and we’d already switched the water heater over to electric.
So far this winter the entire house has been heated with six oscillating ceramic heaters.
I honestly didn’t think we’d make it this long.
Only 3 more months to go.
It’s a steady 60° in the house, which is barely tolerable for me, but I’m getting used to it.
At least it isn’t freezing. Right?